Activities & Services
There's Something for Everyone
There’s always something going on at Victoria House Care Home. Our Activities Co-ordinator tries to cater for everyone; whether it is a one-to-one chat or reading books or newspapers, to singalongs, birthday parties, religious visits, school visits, shopping trips, card games, dominoes, bingo, home baking, light exercises and quizzes.
Some of the activities Victoria House residents can enjoy include:
- Indoor Activities — such as bean bag target practice, snakes & ladders, dominoes, card games, quizzes, bingo, singalongs, reminiscence, one-to-ones and entertainers on special occasions.
- Ladies and Gents Nights — Pampering, football nights.
- Events — including Monthly parties with external entertainer, themed afternoons and nights, Easter Bonnet competition, Bingo nights .
- Outings —To local places of interest, museums, zoo/safari park, Pavilion Theatre, various restaurants, local schools and pantomimes to name but a few.
- Visits — from various religious faiths, local schools and colleges, entertainers, petting zoo.
- Get Togethers — with residents from other homes for dominoes challenge.
It is those little extras that make Victoria House so special, and helps our residents feel at home.
Hitting the Open Road!
Victoria House has its own mini-bus to allow the Residents to enjoy outings around Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling, Loch Lomond and all the local places of interest. On board the bus we usually take a packed lunch, which is freshly prepared that day by the cooks in the kitchen. There are also occasions when the Residents are treated to a McDonalds and fish suppers. These outings are always enjoyed by the Residents.
To arrange a stay at Victoria House Care Home
please telephone 01698 338855